My workplace is doing a Mind, Body and Soul challenge over the next two weeks. It’s a great initiative to get people doing more non-work related activities and hopefully improving our wellbeing. The basic rules are:
- Each day individuals can score a point by doing 3 different daily activities relating to the mind, body or soul.
- You can only get 1 point per day for each type of activity.
- A daily bonus point will be awarded if someone gets all 3 points, giving a daily max of 4 points per person
- Challenge will run for 2 weeks (including weekends) – starting Monday 4thth of April to Sunday 17th of April
- The team or person with the most points at the end wins
What’s included in Mind, Body and Soul? The categories include, but are not exclusive to:
- Mind: Yoga, Competing in a quiz, scrabble or similar Mindfulness, Reading (not work related), Podcasts (not work related), Relaxation
- Body: Physical exercise, Yoga (if active), Relaxation
- Soul: Prayer or similar, Activities with friends, family or colleagues, Hobbies, A special occasion, Doing something for someone else
I am rubbish at keeping things like this up to date so I’m going to keep a daily log on here to keep tracking what I do.