My 3rd year at the wonderful Indietracks in Ripley near Derby, and it was just as good if not better than the two previous years.
Indietracks is a fantastic festival that retains its small, individual and personal feel. The staff are friendly (and all volunteers) and the site is truly unique – a working heritage steam railway. Definitely the friendliest festival with the nicest festival-goers I’ve been to.
This year’s highlights for me (in no particular order) were:
- Charmpit – an amazingly energetic and fun 3 piece DIY pop-punk band who played the Church Stage.
- Cowtown – an angular, catchy and spiky prog-Fugazi.
- Crumbs – catchy as hell post-punk.
- Skinny Girl Diet – a cooler than you snarling art-punk duo.
- Peaness – 3-piece indie-pop goodness.
- Deerful (acoustic) – a surprise acoustic outing for the ever brilliant Deerful and her Gameboy infused synth-pop.
- A (now) annual Indietracks parkrun with Neil, Lula and Ian!